Having the Right Lighting
Exit and emergency lighting is easy to overlook until an emergency occurs. These vital lights provide visibility in corridors, stairwells, ramps, escalators, aisles, and exit passageways in the event of a power outage or other emergency scenarios. PFE Corp. understands compliance requirements and can design a custom emergency lighting plan for your facilities.
Specialized Lighting Equipment Maintenance
Lighting maintenance is just as important as the initial installation. If emergency lighting fails to operate properly during an emergency situation, the building occupants may become disoriented, leaving the owner liable for damage or injuries sustained during an event.
Annual Compliance Testing
Our trained technicians diligently perform the following required testing and maintenance on emergency light units each year.
Testing Procedures for Emergency Lights:
- 90-minute full function test
- Disconnect AC power supply to each emergency light
- Check battery and lens for sulfating
- Clean each emergency light and lens as required
- Adjust beam for proper alignment
- Place testing label on the emergency light and record in testing log
Troubleshooting/Repair May Also Include:
- Check and adjust charging system voltage
- Check battery output voltage
- Check line voltage to remote fixtures
Regular maintenance of emergency lighting is required by NFPA Standard No. 101, chapter 31, section 1.3.7.