Since fire hazards are an everyday occurrence in many industries, it is common for businesses to need a fire suppression system in good working order to achieve OSHA compliance. Our highly trained technicians can inspect and service all types of suppression systems including Kitchen, CO2, and Clean Agent. We conduct thorough examinations of a suppression system’s functional condition to verify its compliance with required code.
Full Fire Preparedness
Fire Suppression Systems provide a robust way of extinguishing a fire that quickly grows out of control or involves highly flammable materials. Most people on your team are unlikely to understand how these systems work. When PFE designs, installs, maintains, or inspects your fire suppression systems, we make sure that the people protected by them know what to expect in an emergency. We offer training for your personnel to reduce the risk of damage and injury in the case of a fire, and to improve the safety of everyone affected.
If you have a hood suppression system, you likely have fire extinguishers as well. PFE an integrated, full-service company that can inspect your fire extinguishers in the same visit as your fire suppression system. We can save you time and money by eliminating the coordination problems that arise when working with multiple companies to provide service on your varied fire protection equipment.
Compliance Inspections for Suppression Systems
Key elements of a kitchen hood suppression system inspection include:
- Inspect the system for visible signs that the system has been activated or tampered with.
- Check and clean system components for proper operation.
- Inspect gas valve operation and gas valve shutoff function.
- Installing currently dated fusible links when required.
- Inspect visual cylinder condition and verify hydrotest date for cylinder.
- Inspect and test pull station.
- Weigh cylinder cartridge and replace when required.
- Inspect all nozzles and verify their proper aim, blockage and presence of blow-off caps.
- Inspect for any change in hazard area that might affect performance of fire suppression system.
- Change tamper seal and tag suppression system as required.